Vista del Lago 2024 Varsity Basketball Team

Lavern Gonzales
The ’23-’24 women’s varsity basketball team

On February 27, the Vista del Lago High School women’s varsity basketball team ended their best season ever. The 2024 CIF Regionals took place at Chico, where Vista del Lago played against Pleasant Valley. As the game went to overtime, the Pleasant Valley Vikings took the win, 56-49.

After having great success in their seasonal games, the team made it to the playoffs. They won all four playoff games, including the section championship.

In the round before regionals, Vista played Manteca at the Golden One center and became section champions, beating Manteca 68-49.

The Golden One center was an exciting and once in a-lifetime moment for the girls. Junior Bella Palari said it was a “fun and an unreal experience”. This would be the first time the women’s basketball team has made an appearance at Golden One.

Junior Ella Skrzyniarz was a key contributor to the team’s success. Skrzyniarz tallied 665 points, 258 total rebounds, and 92 steals throughout the season. Her success already makes her one of the best basketball players to ever attend Vista, breaking Vistas’ all-time scoring record.

Another player who led Vista to their success is Bella Palari. She ended her junior year with 111 assists, 76 steals, and 170 rebounds.

Star players Palari, and Skrzyniarz are juniors, so they will return next year and potentially play at the next level. These two will be big contributors in their senior seasons.

The team is already practicing their shooting and working on plays to prepare for the next season,

Six seniors will be leaving this year, while nine others will be returning to the team. The coaching staff is expected to remain the same.

Skrzyniarz has high hopes for next season. Even though she knows the team will lose many seniors, most of the high-scoring players will return next season.

Overall, this season will be remembered as one of the best for the varsity women’s basketball team, and are hoping for a better season next year.