Varsity lacrosse heads to championships

Malik Nofal, Writer

The Vista del Lago varsity lacrosse team had a great regular season, with an impressive record of 11-1. This high level of play has earned the team a ticket to the championship game against Granite Bay High School.

Although a numerical record doesn’t define a team, Vista has been dominating their opponents on the field, earning a spot in the championship game against Granite Bay.

The teams have met twice before this season; each team took one game apiece, and both games were hard-fought victories on both sides.

There has been a lot of talk about who is going to take this third matchup.

“We have absolute confidence. We’re going into this with the right mindset and we’re going to do what we do best, and play some good lacrosse,” said junior, Crew Santero.

Santero isn’t the only player who believes Vista will take the third game against Granite Bay. “I’m feeling optimistic, you know, 1-1, we lost last time on our turf but this time it’s ours,” said junior Blake George.

The much-anticipated game took off on April 28 and was a great one, as expected.

It was a slow start for Vista, ending the first quarter with zero goals compared to Granite Bay’s four.

Vista started to pick up the pace in the second quarter, with both teams scoring three goals.

Vista would end up scoring six goals in the last two quarters compared to Granite Bay’s three goals, but it wasn’t enough to seal the win.

The game ended with Vista’s loss to Granite Bay, with a score of 10-9.

Your Eagles won’t let this loss stop their success this season. The playoffs are ahead of them and there is more elite-level lacrosse to be played. Keep up the support for our varsity boys and wish them luck with their upcoming schedule.