Varsity Lacrosse – Senior Night Recap

Melissa George

Pictured left to right: Grant Guthrie, Tyler Peterson, Noah Barkley, John McKenna, Rocco Bastoni, Thomas Samaniego

Malik Nofal, Writer

The Vista del Lago High School varsity lacrosse team won their game against Rocklin, 16-0, on April 21, 2022, for the second time this season. 

They moved to a 10-1 record on the season with only one more game left. They rank 67 in the nation, 12 in the state of California, and second in Sacramento, trailing behind Granite Bay, which was an even season meeting split this year. 

The team is scheduled to play the third-ranked team in California, Sacred Heart Prep, making the trip to San Francisco. 

Vista has six seniors on the team; John McKenna, Noah Barkley, Tyler Peterson, Grant Guthrie, Rocco Bastoni, and Thomas Samaniego. The rest of the team is made up of several sophomores and juniors, and Kyle Sear is one of them. 

“I think the seniors show some great leadership on the team, they’re very responsible, and I’m very excited for their futures,” said Sear. 

The team sees a bright future going into the postseason. “I hope we do well in our state playoffs, maybe go far. We got team chemistry so I hope that just stays strong,” said Sear. Team chemistry seems to play a big factor in the success of this team’s regular season, and they show no signs of slowing down in the playoffs. 

Your Eagles hope to repeat the performance they had against Rocklin on Saturday, April 30, at 10 a.m. against Sacred Heart Prep School. Be sure to show support to the team as they close out their season and head to playoffs.