A Look Into the Senior Class of 2024

As the class of 2024 prepares to graduate, they’re going through a season of “lasts”. With lots of events to reminisce on throughout their high school career, the seniors reflect on the past year and give advice to the graduating class of 2025. 

Most of the ‘24 seniors’ favorite memories were outside of school hours.

The year started with the seniors chalking their parking spots. Senior Kelsey Fisher said this was one of her “favorite memories in the beginning of the school year.”

There were lots of opportunities for seniors to spend time with friends and grow in connection with fellow classmates. 

Some of senior Gemma Bryant’s favorite memories from her senior year were outside of the classroom. She enjoyed “all the trips [her] friends took!” Gemma wanted to “make the most of [her] last year and go take those day trips and have fun.”

Bryant advises the incoming senior class of 2025 to “make the most of the last year of high school”. 

Bella Hess’ favorite memories from this year were “going to Vista sports games, doing CrossFit, going on night drives with friends, and playing flag football [and] softball.”

Vista Football’s defensive and Jet Steele’s favorite memories were under the Friday Night Lights. He enjoyed “the opportunity to play football with [his] brothers, as well as being able to spend all these years with friends and loved ones.”

Steele advises the incoming seniors to “stay focused on classes and don’t slow down before the finish line.”

The Friday night lights were some of Makenna Rogers’ favorite memories as well, saying, “Vista football games were always epic, and every Friday night for the last three years of my life have been amazing because of the people at Vista.” 

Rogers advises the incoming seniors to “enjoy each other [and] always be kind, because everybody deserves a good senior year and you don’t want to end it on a negative note– just make sure to be yourself and be kind.”

Taking advantage of the opportunities the last year presents seems to be a common theme among the ‘24 seniors. JT Remolona hopes the incoming seniors implement the lessons he learned through his time at Vista: “Be who you want to be. Make a change, follow your best interests. Take risks in your final year as no one is there to judge.”

As they prepare for adulthood, the class of 2024 has learned to make the most of their time here at Vista. Fisher advises the incoming seniors “to not be afraid to go out of your comfort zone because it is fun to try new things and meet new people.”

Senior Felicity Fales wants the incoming seniors to “go and talk to people you haven’t before. No one cares what you do so just be yourself and don’t be afraid to try new things!”

Countless seniors focused on enjoying the moment while diving head-first into new activities to make the most of the last year. 

While it is a busy time, Shani Laufer expresses the importance of rest during the last year: “take easier classes and use senior year to chill, it’s already a stressful year with plenty going on so try to relax.”

Habiba Darwish gives great advice to “not stress too much and don’t compare yourself because everyone will find their own path.”

With the class of 2024 seniors preparing to leave Vista, their impact on campus will remain as the class of 2025 prepares to take their place.