A Seniors’ Guide to Joining the Prom Dress Search

Featured dresses at Prom Bridal Outlet in Carmicheal.
Seniors Shruti Sahoo and Abby Shupe at Occasions by Miosa.

As prom season approaches for Vista del Lago seniors, girls have already started looking for dresses. Starting as early as January to prepare for senior ball in May, the search is well underway.

Whether you’re looking for something glamorous, trendy, or classic, there are plenty of options to explore with online retailers and in person. Here’s a roundup of places where you can find the prom dress of your dreams in the Folsom area.

Local boutique shops often carry a curated selection of prom dresses and can order an extensive variety of dresses from their exclusive online wholesalers. Receiving personalized assistance from staff is beneficial as you navigate what kind of dresses you’re interested in. 

Shupe and Sahoo at Haute House.

Shops nearby include:

• Apricot Lane Boutique, 330 Palladio Pkwy, Folsom, CA
  • Windsor,  250 Palladio Pkwy, Folsom, CA
  • Occasions by Miosa, 330 Palladio Pkwy Suite 2007, Folsom, CA
  • Haute House,  7736 Fair Oaks Blvd, Carmichael, CA
  • Prom and Bridal Outlet,  6609 Fair Oaks Blvd, Carmichael, CA
  • Perrie’s Boutique, 1151 Galleria Blvd Fl 1 1020, Roseville, CA 

Apricot Lane’s retailers include:

Wholesale dresses, including ones from retailers listed above, require customers to order and view prices by calling the boutique.

Boutiques such as Apricot Lane will order the dress for you after taking your measurements in addition to offering advice. All four websites feature gowns ranging from $200 to $1,000.

Standard dress retailers are accessible with simple searches, but finding shops that balance affordability and quality can be a challenge. The internet is regarded as a landmine for prom dresses, and all of these online retailers specialize in formal wear. 

Other sources include thrift stores and department stores, as well as platforms like eBay, Poshmark, and Depop which offer second-hand dresses at lower prices.

Keeping a budget when you’re a senior is daunting in itself because, along with a dress, the manicure, shoes, hair, makeup, alterations, jewelry, ball ticket, and corsage can add up to unexpected totals.

Regardless of where you decide to shop for your prom dress and how much you choose to spend, be sure to start early to allow plenty of time for unforeseen events.

The months of February and March are widely seen as the best time for senior ball preparation, with the first step being picking your perfect dress.