Tragedy Turned Triumph: Overcoming the loss of a loved one

Zack and Haley Nicholson

Back to Article
Back to Article

Strength and perseverance characterize these siblings in the aftermath of their father's death.

Nicholson

Nicholson

Nicholson

Karson White, Voices of Vista Editor

Zack and Haley are pictured here with Sabrina Lee, a family friend who interviewed them for Voices of Vista

In September of 2009, Vista students Zack and Haley Nicholson tragically lost their father. Despite the great loss in their lives, Zack and Haley have been able to persevere and become exemplary students on Vista’s campus. The two siblings are involved in a variety of clubs and Student Government, they take rigorous AP courses, and they participate in a multitude of other extracurriculars, such as guitar and competitive cheer. The loss of such a significant figure in someone’s life can be very detrimental to their future, but Zack and Haley were able to carry on.

They came to the Vista Voices Recording Studio to not only remember their father, but also share their stories of coping and how they persisted through his passing.

Bumper music created by Andrew Sonico Eugenio courtesy of Vista’s Guitar Nation.